Friday, February 20, 2009

Aspen Paper Cast © Saundra Lane Galloway Fine Art


Do you ever have one of those days when everything technical seems to be out to get you? Yep, I bet you have. I'm having some of those days these days. We live in the BEAUTIFUL mountains, and I love it, BUT...we live in ancient times of the dreaded DIAL UP! We have tried several different companies, but apparently we live in SUCH a secluded place that we can't get a signal...apparently we need a clear shot to a tower. Recently we had one very determined technician with Whispertell that even climbed up the mountain to try to get a clear signal from some rocks above our house. He climbed on our very steep roof, all to no avail...SOOOO, we are left with the choice of building a tower on the rocks to get a clear shot, OR my latest idea of getting a new laptop with wifi and me loading pics from the house, going DOWN the mountain to Starbucks every day and posting from there...Hmmm...still deciding on that one...BUT, in the meantime, I can at least load one photo...the one you are seeing now...I had intended to upload the photos of the process, but since that doesn't seem to be working I'll just explain it...


First I decide on an image, second I draw it out, third I use some brass stripping I found at Ace Hardware and bend it to the shape, fourth I make a paper cast and let it air dry for a day or so and THEN I paint on it...WHEW...seems like a lot, but it is really enjoyable, and after the mold is made I can make as many casts as I wish and do with them whatever I wish...


That has brought us to this very simple looking (photo I'm not really thrilled with, but you get the point) aspen paper cast...


So, I hope this might inspire you to try something new, and I HOPE I get much tea and sympathy due to the difficulties I am currently facing...ha! PS...just uploading one photo took all of 5 minutes! I'm off to Starbucks for a much needed reward!


Happy painting today to you all!

2 comments:

Art with Liz said...

This is great!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks for wading through the long story! I really DO like doing these...and the colors in this photo aren't entirely accurate...but fun...think I'm going to do a sunflower next...:)

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...