Monday, February 2, 2009

Waxing ON!


Ok, I know I am interested in quite a few things, and wax collage is another. I was working on something entirely different (paper casts) (coming soon) but picked up a book on Encaustic Painting and read it during the superbowl...sorry you sports fans, but art was calling to me! (I did however catch the couple outstanding touchdowns...so I can tell my grandson one day if I get one that I saw them) I really liked this book for its variety of methods...it isn't just slapping on colored wax. It is entitled: Encuastic Workshop by Patricia Baldwin Seggegruch. JUST published this year. I encourage you to take a peek if you've ever wanted to play in wax. This little 6x6 piece (entitled Natures Bouquet) was a demo I did in a workshop I taught this summer before I ever heard of adding resin (does that spark your interest? it is in the book)...Natures Bouquet is just a simple little piece that is entirely wax as the medium. I used some real daisies, some photos and the background is different papers. The dark background doesn't show the edges very clearly, but you get the idea...I hope this gets your creative juices flowing!!

Welcome to my new followers. I am so appreciative that you find something of interest here. I have visited all of your sites and am blown away by what I see...

2 comments:

Art with Liz said...

Ohmygosh you are so versatile. It's wonderful to have so many strings to your bow!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Ha...it's because I am a middle school art teacher (who just so happens to not be working this year)...and I think a bit of a middle schooler at heart myself...get bored easily! I just find so many things fun!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...