Monday, October 19, 2009

BABY STEPS


A close-up of the mess I've got!

See the leaf?? :)

Wow, I have to admit it has been a very LONG time since life happened to me so hard that I was not able to do anything but just survive the day. It left me very weak and sick...but I'm trying to come back...SO, I decided to start with baby steps...instead of the insurmountable starting from scratch (still VERY weak), I decided to work on a previous flop (at least in my view) and see what I could do with it.

Some may remember my foray into trying to mix my paper cast leaves with paint...didn't work like I wanted, so I decided to scrape off and then sand down the paper cast leaves and then look at it with fresh eyes and see where it will take me. This is already in line with my latest conclusion to my small quest into finding my recognizable style and words to us to speak about it...etc, etc...

This one has a LOT of texture...it built up color with modeling paste and collaged and of course my handmade paper for the aspen trunks...:)

Here it is in its mess of a beginning...I've only begun to try to get the leaves off...In the process of trying to get them off I found a FUN happy accident...that gave me some ideas for the future...:) (tune in for that at another time...tee hee) (great marketing strategy taken from the tv industry...teaser...ha) I don't know how well you can see...but the leaf left an impression...fun!!

So, still weak, but doin some baby steps to get back...Let's see what I can do with it!!

Happy Painting to you all and THANK you for all your well wishes...being so isolated it was GREAT to not feel alone in my misery!!

Welcome to my newest follower by the way!!

6 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Looks great...really interesting how the leaf left the impression and yes, you can definitely use that later. Will watch this one come together slowly. Don't overdo. Sorry you've been ill but hope you're on the mend now.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks RH...hopefully I can get it done a bit quickly so I can move on to the next one! I'm not a pushin, believe me! Thank you!!

Autumn Leaves said...

Wow, I'm not sure what you did to get that impression but I sure like it! Saundra, you always tickle me with your pieces...I am not sure why but I love reading your thoughts and seeing your creations, always! Hope today finds you feeling better and stronger!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Glad to hear you are back at work, even for small amounts of time. Don't push it, girl!

This piece looks promising. Can't wait to see what else happens here!

Thanks for your great comments on my blog, Saundra. They mean a lot!

Dave :{) said...

What a creative idea, sis!
I remember making paper in art school using a variety of pulps and material - never leaves.

I have to try that sometime...

Feel better...

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Autumn Leaves...the impression was easy; could have done it from the beginning. Check out Carol Nelson's leaves...same concept...FUN. I'm glad you enjoy my ramblings...it helps in my process.

Elizabeth, Thank you! I'm better, but it is really moving upwards way to slow for me! You are SO inspiring to me!

Thanks Bro, the paper stuff is fun, but just didn't work here...I'd love it if we were closer so we could do it together! I'm working on getting back to full power! Love you!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...