Thursday, October 22, 2009

Spring Stand


I think I'm going to call this finished. The majority of the work had already been done before I decided to add the paper cast leaves. They didn't work, so I wiped them out, did a fair amount of sanding, and replaced damaged areas, and added just a hint of leaves. The leaves were NOT the point of this piece, so I just wanted to give a bit of an impression of them and let that stand on its own.

I will be putting this in my website when I'm totally convinced I'm finished with the sky. I had wanted to show a lighter area like the photo showed from yesterday with the flash, but in life it looked rather forced, so I've rethought that. I may play some more, but not sure...so for all practical purposes I feel it is time to move on to other things.

It was a good transition piece from SICK to almost back to normal, so I'm happy in that.

I so appreciate all your comments and well wishes...I'm hoping nothing gets me that out of sorts again! So, onward and upward!! Next...hmmm...I think trees! :)

4 comments:

Art with Liz said...

Oh wow, I've been missing for a few days and these have just passed me by! Love the result and loved going back through all the blogging to get to this point. Well done.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Liz...I'm just ready to move on to the next one! Thank you for always stopping by!

Autumn Leaves said...

I like how the trees seem to be at the crest of a hill, Saundra...Just beautiful, as always! I am so happy to hear that you are feeling almost normal again. It just is not fun being sick, especially if it comes along with the fevers and ague. Hopefully today you will feel 100% and have a day off from subbing too!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Autumn Leaves...I am just about there...just weak...aaahhhh age! I'm about to jump into a new piece...so let's see if my brain and body goes along with my desire to be BACK!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...