Saturday, April 24, 2010

ART MARKETING DAY and on the way to BOULDER...

 The front range between Denver and Boulder

Today was a very long,  intensive and highly satisfying day in Boulder with Micah Condon who got a room full of artists together to talk about art marketing.  For those of you who may not know Micha; he is the one who started the highly successful art gallery called Daily Painters. 

Micah also is the author of a wonderful blog called "Art is Broken" that deals with the concept of marketing strategies and what works...sometimes, and what doesn't...Check it out!!
This pic of the front range is on my list to paint!!  Cloudy day or not!!

Micah's mission today was to talk about marketing strategies using business models and other information he has gathered.  He wanted feedback and discussion as well as to share what he has come to understand.  His vision is to help artists find success in ways they may not have tried before.  It was an AWESOME day, full of concepts and strategies and giving us specific questions to ask ourselves as we develop our own marketing strategy. 
Boulder's beautiful snow covered flatirons!

I'm sure as time goes on you will be hearing more from Micah!
More beautious flatirons!!

The workshop went from 9-5, so there was no painting today...only in my head and some doodling in my notes...But, I DID get a few pictures of the front range as I drove from the Denver area to Boulder...so, a cold morning, but beautiful all the same!!  ENJOY!!

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

No offense to Michah or anyone else interested in art marketing, but boy! I can't think of a more boring way to spend the day; much like having to go to work seminars! LOLOL Then again, I never expect to sell art; it isn't worthy! Love the mountain photos, Saundra. Glad you had a good, solid day of inspiration, my friend.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

HA Autumn Leaves...But you forget I have one of the best motivators to learn about marketing...I don't want to go back into the public schools!! :) Don't ever decide you will never...(except if it is not to go sub! lol)...you never know!! The mountains are SOOOO beautiful from Denver to Ft. Collins really!! It was awesome my friend!!

Anonymous said...

Did Micah have any novel ideas on how to market one's art?
Jean

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Nothing novel per say Jean...he is beginning this process of trying to find answers...he used business models as a guide...It really served more to give me the questions I needed to ask myself...but valuable for me!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...