Wednesday, April 14, 2010

BLACKBIRD wax collage in process

First I want to thank everyone for giving me their thoughts on the education system today...or more accurately our lovely school children and their attitudes CURRENTLY!  There is always room for growth!!  More on this later perhaps!!

Today I had a FEW moments to begin another of what I call my EYE CANDY pieces...my
Cloth/Paper/Scissors type pieces that are a KICK to do!!  This piece is going to have a blackbird as the star...one of my newest paper cast  pieces...As you can see...here are the little birdies before I give them wings...

The background is acrylic over molding paste...on a 6x6 gallery wrap generous 1 1/2" depth. 

I will feature my blackbird...for now he is just sitting there...I have more to do to the background...he also probably won't be so high on the canvas...but...this was just so you could see the steps as I go along...

So, now off to print about a gazallion pics of landscapes for my drawing students to use as reference...May 7 is my last day...right now I'm thinking it can't come too soon!! HA

HAPPY CREATING...and DON'T FORGET THE PAINTING CHALLENGE THIS MONTH!!  If you forgot anything...the pics are in the MARCH 30 post...and the contest is between there and here...ha!!

8 comments:

All images on this site are copyright (c) Suzanne McLean. said...

Really love where you're going with this piece, Saundra. Nice texture and beautiful choices in colours!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Let's cross our fingers! HA...so far so good...!! Thanks Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Hey stranger! I love what you've got going on here!

We both have a green leafy thing we're working on,
mine is just a sketchy fun thing, yours looks great!

I hope to post the finished page tomorrow, but we'll see!!!!

stop by ! miss hearing from you...and I know you can say the same of me! lol

ciao bella
always creative
always carmelina...

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

I'll come on over!! I'm having fun with approaching summer themes...

martinealison said...

Très intéressant ce travail des verts... les merles vont s'y sentir bien... Magnifique tout simplement... à suivre!

Charlene Brown said...

I came here to tell you I loved Birds on a Light -- fabulous combination of subjects -- and now I see that you haven't just been sitting around admiring yesterday's triumph... You're on a roll -- as usual.

Autumn Leaves said...

This piece is looking really amazing, Saundra. The texture and colors of the background, the blackbird will make them dance even more than they do on their own. Lest you think I'm not, I'm still working on the background for my cast leaves. The leaves and heart are the only thing I've had no real issues with on this project. The background? Oy vey!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

THanks girls!! I am SO enjoying the playing to take away from the whining I hear at school. ha...we'll it's only a couple of real whiners...tee hee...and marintalison...I'm not sure what you said but it is beautiful!! I think I pulled out magnificent...merci! I finished the blackbird...will post when I get home!! Then, yes Charlene...on to MORE...I'm on SOME kinda roll I tell ya! ha

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...