Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I played at school today!!!

Today was play day for me...as will be tomorrow.  I was going to take my third bird to do, but remembered I had a shorter lunch hour, so I took my fun foam to play making stamps!  I've been wanting to do it for awhile now and today seemed JUST RIGHT!  I decided I need to experiment again tomorrow as my tool I used for burning in the lines is too wide...I want smaller veins in leaves!  So, tomorrow again...and hopefully little bird #3 on Friday.

I also promised I would show you the example I did of Mt. Evans for the kids.  I think I could have toned down the mountain, but I just couldn't make myself...It is SO awesome to have a mountain in my "backyard"...at least for a little while longer...So, here it is in all it's little glory.  I don't claim to be much with the chalk pastels...and this was on drawing paper...but, it was fun to at least do a little something in class.  I actually had a GOOD bit of something happen...one student just sat next to the easel where this is and got out her water soluble oils and painted it...I kept giving her tips here and there...and she was having fun...YIPPEE!!  At least I have ONE student who is getting something from my time there!!

So, this was Wednesday...only two and one half weeks left!!  And...just a little happy reminder that you have til the last day of April to submit a painting from my zoo animal picture day posted on March 30...I will draw from the entries!!  FUN!!

HAPPY DAY to you all!!

5 comments:

martinealison said...

Très joli travail...

Autumn Leaves said...

Did you cut away all of the material around the bas releifs, Saundra? It looks so even and smooth! I am rather excited for that student that sat near your piece and set to work. I love seeing a serious student! Good golly, I would have a hard time moving from your beautiful home. Still and yet, I love moving and finding just a perfect place for myself. Always looking forward to seeing what is next on your agenda!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you martinealison! and Autumn Leaves...it is two pieces on top of one another!! :)

Elizabeth Seaver said...

What did you do at school today, Saundra? You said before we even asked!

What fun, both the art, and the feeling that you are getting to have some positive interaction with your students. Bless you for hanging in there with them!

Pepe444 said...

GREAT JOB!

http://artmusicblog.blogspot.com/

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...