Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"Sitting Pretty" © Saundra Lane Galloway

 "Sitting Pretty"
#2 of 3 birds from Barb Benik's STUDIO ALTEIR painting challenge blog
4x4 oil on fiberboard panel
will be added to our contest choices and my ETSY shop when I'm finished with the 3!

WOW, thanks to all of you who wrote in comments and e-mails in support of my no good very bad day yesterday and some before!!  It truly DID help me refocus and get back to myself!  I SO knew my blogger family would be there for me!!  You are all AWESOME!!

I found a way to find some peace in my day amidst the craziness...I took my ipod and stuck those buds in my ears on my free period and cranked that music up and just painted this second of three bird...which I'm calling "Sitting Pretty".  It just looks like a coy little thing saying "I'm so pretty, but I'm gonna look shy"...FUN...thanks all!! 

Here are the two so far...the third one will be tricky as it is sitting in pebbles...kind of a strange pose...we shall see!!

AND...I'm happy to announce that Liz from ART WITH LIZ sent a contest choice for the April painting challenge...I'm lovin this bird!!  Gave me the creeps all over again when I remember how he looked like he was just STARING me down...An awesome likeness to have done that!!  THANKS LIZ!!  I'm putting you in the drawing!!

AGAIN...THANK YOU ALL...Today wasn't so bad when I took the advice given...and the comfort as well!! 

HAPPY CREATING!!

5 comments:

martinealison said...

Adorables ces petits oiseaux... Ils paraissent si fragiles... Finalement vous vous êtes envolées avec la musique dans les oreilles... Bon travail. J'aime leur manière de se tenir.
Bises.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

merci martinealison!

Autumn Leaves said...

I just send you hugs today, Saundra. This triptych is going to be awesome. Liz did a fabulous job here on this piece!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Autumn Leaves...I took a break today to play with foam...tune in tomorrow! :) Yes...Liz did great with the funny bird!!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

I just love your little birdie paintings, Saundra! They have such attitude!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...