Monday, March 31, 2014

"SUNKISSED" - A HORSE ORIGINAL OIL ON CANVAS PANEL

"SunKissed" - Horse
4"x6" 
oil on textured canvas panel

I have been working very steadily in the studio these past few weeks.  I've been so engrossed in working that I haven't even stopped to post anything in awhile.  This is a familiar activity for me as I approach SUMMER ART MARKET that is JUNE 7-8 this year.  WHEW!

I'm happy that I've sold a good number of paintings recently, which makes me smile, but it also makes me double up on  my efforts so I have plenty of new artwork to offer for this fun event!

I think I will be holding off putting the newest ETSY type work in ETSY for now so I can have a good inventory...UNLESS someone just HAS TO HAVE a piece and then, of course, softy me will try to work something out!! FUN DOINS!

I've also found new ways to upcycle frames; putting them together to make other frames...this one I've earmarked for "SunKissed" is an example.  I've gently distressed
the off white "back" frame and have laughed this morning as the paint is SO GOOD that it is hard to sand off at all...but, trust me, some IS sanding off!  I'm still working on it...I never know if it will live in this frame, or something else...STAY TUNED!!
Just a reminder of a couple of things that I've been asked about of late...

1.  WHY Saundra; when your name is SAUNDRA GALLOWAY, do you sign your paintings LANE? GOOD QUESTION!  Well, the answer is...my name, before I was married was Saundra Lane.  SO, I signed my paintings with my last name...and, then I got married!  I was then SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY.  SO, instead of confusing those previous collectors, I just stuck with LANE as my signature.  

2.  WHY Saundra do you put the obvious after your title? ie.  "SunKissed" - a horse.  WELL, good question, again!  The reason is because when people search the internet for certain things it is ALWAYS important to have the subject in the title so they can find it easier.  IT ISN'T because I think people won't know it is a horse, or an ostrich, or a cow...lol  But, I know you all knew that!

SO, BACK TO WORK!

HAPPY CREATING!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...