Wednesday, March 19, 2014

"THE LIFE OF PINE" ORIGINAL MIXED MEDIA PINE PAINTING ON PANEL © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY


The circle of life is not only a symbol in this painting, but it describes the life of a tree perfectly!  Not only does it go through seasons of life, but it's very trunk, when cut in slices describes the rings that mirror the symbol on the painting!  So, the perfect name for this slice of tree could only be "The Life of Pine".

Painted on MDF panel with texture and paper added, this tree has texture of it's own along with bits of green that give it the color of life!  The color near the top symbolizes the sun; the very thing that helps this beauty to grow strong! The background and trunk are mostly acrylic, with the leaves and a bit of detail here and there are in oil.

"The Life of Pine" is stained green on it's sides to compliment.  Ready to hang or sit on a shelf!

Ready to ship March 31, 2014 when it is totally dry!  Shipping is aproximated for the US.

Last week I went to San Antonio, TX to see my brother and sister in law while my wonderful hubby attended a conference for work.  I absolutely adore my family, and we got to spend some FUN quality time together.  I stayed with them a couple of days in New Braunfels and then we all went up to San Antonio where I remained and played on the river walk and some other things.  My brother is a very elusive creature; it is HARD to get him to agree to sit for a photo...this one wasn't the best quality due to lighting thus the photo shop activity, but I adore him...my brother and I!!
The other important thing I got to do while in San Antonio was to see my father's resting place.  It is the first time I had visited, so it was a little special...a little out of body...but, I had to capture the beauty of our military resting spot for our brave men and women at Ft. Sam Houston...Dad's spot is front and center...just like in my heart!
In life I always hugged my father...he was SO tall,  but you'd often see photos of tall him and very short me...so, it seemed only natural for me to hug my dad again...Love you My Dad!!

I'm VERY busy these days painting as much as I can for SUMMER ART MARKET this June 7-8 at Art Student's League on 2nd and Grant...stay tuned for more info...but for now...MY BOOTH SPACE IS # 167!!

HAPPY CREATING!

3 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour ma chère Saundra,
J'aime pousser la porte de votre univers.
Ces derniers temps éloignée de la France, je ne pouvais pas me rendre sur les blogs.
La peinture que vous nous montrez aujourd'hui est magnifique, moi qui suis une amoureuse des arbres, je suis comblée.
Une belle photo de famille... Il faut profiter au maximum de sa famille. ce sont des moments forts. Je suis très émue en admirant la photo de vous dans ce cimetière près de votre papa.
Gros bisous à vous

Autumn Leaves said...

The pine is beautiful, Saundra. I love the photo of you and your brother and I especially love the photo of you and your dad.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Merci beaucoup Martinealison! J'ai manqué vos commentaires ! J'ai trop aimer les arbres tellement ... et, bien sûr, ma famille !!

I so appreciate you CrimsonLeaves! My photos mean a lot to me...as do TREES! as you know!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...