Thursday, September 25, 2014

CANVAS BASKETS GALORE!

I've just fallen in love with making my canvas baskets!  I don't make much money on each one, so I've decided they are a labor of love!  And FUN!  Love Life is my newest creation with my own hand made tree of life stamp...You will notice on some that I have begun to add stones...this one has a garnet.
 "Treasure" is another larger canvas basket...5" wide, 3" deep and about 3" tall.


I call these small ones my "bitty" baskets as they are just 3 1/2" wide, 2" deep and 2" tall...but hold all sorts of those small kitchy things we always have laying around...paper clips, make-up, just about any small thing...and they are great for gifts...put some small items in the bag that has the sentiment you want to convey!  They sell almost as fast as I can make them at my gallery in Conifer.."Luna's Mandala"


I also make pencil or glasses holders that have a bit of pea gravel in the bottom to keep them grounded...




I can even make them to order if you want...Most of what you see here is found only at Luna's Mandala, but I will make to order...keep in mind the design varies, and colors...but take these two for example...they were ordered...The way that happened is the purchaser asked for pink and birds with the word Pearl...and the other, cats...and the color was specified.  These cats are my own stamps I made...so, the possibilities are wide!  IF you are interested in this just contact me with some general guidelines and we will see what we can do! FUN.  Just contact me at art4life44@hotmail.com and we'll work it out!  The bitties are $8 with a stone, $7 without.  The larger like live life are $15 without and $16 with a stone they measure about 5" wide by 3" deep and about 2 3/4" high, and the pencil holders are $16.60 without and $17.50 with a stone and are about 4" high and 3 1/2" wide and about 2" deep...Keep in mind that each one is unique and has it's own personality!
Lots going on in the Galloway household lately which has slowed me down a little on artwork...JUST TEMPORARILY though!  The biggest news is my most wonderful son is moving to Colorado for a time and we couldn't be happier!  SO, lots to do to help him transition to the new life!  HOWEVER, I have several of my doors in line to be painted...be watching for aspen, more poppies...and whatever else my mind comes up with...stay tuned!! 

I am also working on a mandala painting class for up here in the mountains...lots o folks are interested in exploring their lives and this is a fun visual to take home!  STAY TUNED for more on this...

I have to share a fun face time moment I had the other day with my beautiful daughter and sweetheart grandson Paxton!  He had just woken up from his nap and wanted to talk to Nana (that's ME).  The first thing he said when he saw me was "I want to come in there with you"!  WOW...a heart melter for sure!  Later we read the recorded books I send...together...and at one point he wanted me to "sit" by him, so he took the ipad and put it next to him and put his arm around me!  WOWIE ZOWIE...I was in heaven...
Life is precious and so awesome!

HAPPY CREATING!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh my gosh!!! Jonathan is moving home??? That has to have you over the moon!!! I am so excited for you both! And to have that time with Paxton too? And the baskets (which I absolutely adore)? Best post ever, Saundra!!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Crimson Leaves! We are so happy to have him here! Paxton is a joy to my heart for sure!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...