Sunday, February 1, 2015

"BERNARD" 1/100 FIRST IN 100 PET PORTRAITS IN 100 DAYS © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"Bernard"
6"x6" oil on panel
SOLD
Bernard is actually my niece Kensey's dog, but my brother asked me to paint him as he absolutely LOVES this dog!  The pic wasn't the greatest...but I made it work.  Bernard may show up again later on in another pose...but a great beginning guy.  I thought he was a St. Bernard, but I think he is actually a mix.  He's no less loved for sure!  I chose to use deep purples and blues for the dark areas in Bernard...and the green background keeps it somewhat cool in nature...restful.  I stayed true to eye color...as best as I could see from the pic...but the fauvist tradition is again; bold color and bold strokes.  So here we have our beginning of 100 Pet Portraits in 100 Days...Tomorrow will be 2/100.  STAY TUNED!
I have about 28 photos so far, so there is plenty of time to send me clear photos of your pet for consideration.  If you've forgotten what I'm looking for here is the link to my post where I describe the requirements and info on this project. 100 PET PORTRAITS IN 100 DAYS.

For those of you who may be confused about framing for these 6x6" portraits should you decide to purchase on I have found a great selection of floater frames you can order if you choose.  pictureframes.com is a great resource.  If you click the link you can see the choices you have for ordering a 6"x6" FLOATER FRAME.  A floater frame is a wonderful way to frame your pet so that all his/her sides show.  Remember conventional frames take about 1/2" off of each side when you put the picture inside.  SO, a floater frame is a great alternative.  It frames your piece with a tiny bit between it and the edge of the frame.  If you decide to go that way all you have to do is glue a little piece of wood to the back edges and screw your piece in from the back.  Here is a diagram of how that works.
I've checked around, and this seems to be the best deal for a floater frame I've found.  You often can go on line and find a 15-20% off coupon for pictureframes.com.  I've ordered one to take photos with so you can see, but it hasn't arrived yet, so stay tuned.
HAPPY CREATING!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...