Thursday, March 19, 2015

"BIG MAMMA" 47/100 OF 100 PET PORTRAITS IN 100 DAYS © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

I love this cow!  First of all it is a cow...FUN, second, she is the first in a tiny series of two where I demonstrate how color is NOT the most important part of a painting!  Value is really what makes or breaks a painting.  Today's "Big Mamma" is painted after the fauvist fashion with what has become my signature dk blue and dk purple colors instead of grey and black.  The strokes are simple and strong, but not detailed.  I love her strong colors...Big Mamma is the pet cow to Laura Alsman, and I thank her for sending in her pet.  I hear Big Mamma has given her lots of babies...way to go Big Mamma!!  This number 18 has been Big Mamma's number since she came to Laura's family, so it was important to her that the number be included.  FUN!

Tomorrow I am debuting "Big Mamma Pink" to show exactly what I am talking about when I say color doesn't really matter...check back tomorrow to see the other version...both of which work just fine for me! :)

"Big Mamma" looks just fine in the three floater frame choices I've got to show you how they can look framed.  IF you are interested in these frames, just click over to pictureframes.com and go to the floater frame section. 

Maple Floater Frame CFS10

Black Floater Frame CF1

Gold Leaf Floater Frame CFS3

HAPPY CREATING!

3 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

a WOW!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

HA...thank Sue...it WAS fun to paint a cow! :)

Autumn Leaves said...

She is so pretty! I love the photo of her too!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...