Thursday, March 26, 2015

"BO" 54/101 OF 101 PET PORTRAITS IN 101 DAYS © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"Bo"
6"x6" oil on slightly textured panel
SOLD to Bo's pet dad Mark Bettis
Thanks Mark!
"Bo" was a special challenge as the pic was black/white...WHICH for value is excellent...and it was awesome that Mark sent me other color photos of Bo so I could get inspiration as to how I would paint him.  I told Mark that the colors that looked like brown were actually the result of my brush passing through the two brighter colors...I found it challenging to try to stay with bold strokes with the kind of fur that Bo had...but I ended up liking the end result...Bo is a sweet little Pomeranian pup.

I've been talking about the floater frames from pictureframes.com and I like them...but the other option I've mentioned is these 1/8" thick MDF panels would also do well sitting in an easel.  I had one laying around, and this is how they look...just fine and dandy in any decor!!  Just a few words about the different colors of frames.  Bo happens to look good in any of the choices, in the black it is a strong statement, in the Maple it looks a bit more contemporary, and in the Gold Leaf; my personal fav for this painting...it compliments some of the colors found in Bo's coat.  All fun choices though!!

and, there are the floater frame suggestions...:)
CF1 Black Floater Frame

CFS10  Maple Floater Frame

CFS3 Gold Leaf Floater Frame

HAPPY CREATING!

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Funny how different all of our tastes our, no? My favorite is the one without a frame and on the display easel. A delightful expression on this little guy!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...