Thursday, April 16, 2015

"BOBO" 75/101 OF 101 PET PORTRAITS IN 101 DAYS © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

SOLD to his pet mom...thank you Suzanne!

"BoBo" was a serious fellow I hear...a black lab.  I liked this photo of him because he looked rather happy...although serious, I like to think of him smiling right there!  I used strong dark blues and purples with some cerulean blues as the lighter areas...I gave him a true fauvist tongue with the strong color...but kept his beautiful brown eyes.  The buttery yellow and cerulean blue background seemed to be another color that was hard to photograph...The yellow on MY monitor seems too strong...but it is hard to know what your monitors show.  I would call it a squash; a buttery squash.  BoBo was pet kid to my friend Suzanne Grimes.  He is no longer, but I'm sure the whole family has great memories of him!

BoBo looks fun in all his display options...which is your favorite?
 This easel can be found at Hobby Lobby
 I like him in the gold...that is because Gold is a cousin to orange; which is the opposite on the color wheel to blue...so, a good contrast...also, it is a good companion to the yellow.
This floater frame can be purchased at pictureframes.com
GOLD LEAF FLOATER
CFS3
 This black floater frame is a good strong contrast.  It looks good with most paintings
CF1
The maple floater frame gives a contemporary look
CFS10

PS...we are now at the 3/4 mark...Time seems to move more quickly with each 10 pet portraits!  FUN!

HAPPY CREATING!

2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

HOW SWEET!

Autumn Leaves said...

He does look very happy and oh so fun! My vote goes to the easel with this one!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...