Tuesday, May 5, 2015

"LOLA" 94/101 OF 101 PET PORTRAITS IN 101 DAYS © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"Lola"
6"x6" oil on slightly textured panel
SOLD
You know the song..."her name was Lola, she was a showgirl..."...YEP, that song played in my head the whole time I painted Lola!  I don't know her exact breed, but she could be a showgirl. lol...she was fun for that and...she was FUN to paint because of the colors...BUT NOT fun to photograph! HA.  SO MUCH COLOR in her...I LOVED this fauvist dog!  However, our weather is so poor I was forced to take photos indoors with artificial light.  I think it came out ok, but again, some of the things that show as blue have purple in them as well.  I only know to say that she looks just fine either blue or purple!  The background for Lola is a greyish blue, so that was another one that was difficult to photograph accurately. Such is life!  Michael Hofman sent me photo of Lola and immediately I saw all the color...she comes ready to frame or sit on an easel.

Lola's frame suggestions; as with all the others came from pictureframes.com.  They are floater frames, which means all the edges show.  The ptg is mounted from underneath.  This is a great type of frame for paintings that have subject matter that is very close to an edge...plus it is kind of modern.  Museums will have these frames along with the traditional ones.  The easel she is shown in I purchased at Hobby Lobby.


 Black Floater Frame CF1

 Gold Leaf Floater Frame
CFS3
Maple Floater Frame
CFS10

HAPPY CREATING!

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Easel all the way. I think this gorgeous girl is a Boxer but I am not positive. Great color choices, Saundra!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...