Thursday, May 28, 2015

"ROCK CLIFFS" ORIGINAL MIXED MEDIA LANDSCAPE © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"Rock Cliffs"
12"x36" mixed media on gallery wrap canvas
see in person at SUMMER ART MARKET
June 13-14
200 Grant Street, Denver
Booth #54
Another larger piece that reflects my growth in the direction of color and a bit more abstract.  I'm really enjoying working in this new way.  The background is acrylic in base with a bit of the honeycomb pattern subtly added.  The rest is oil.  Note how you can see a bit of paper and pattern reflected in the rocks...a hail to my earlier work.  Most of this painting was created with palette knife.  FUN DOINS!

detail 1
detail 2
I hope you can join me at SUMMER ART MARKET in a few weeks.  There will be a smathering of my earlier work as well as this new. I am also bringing the pet portraits that I still have...who knows maybe you will find one that looks like your pet kid! 

I will add Rock Cliffs to my website as soon as I finish the photography session.  I have painted around the 1.5" deep edges on this one as well.

HAPPY CREATING!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Very pretty, Saundra!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you CrimsonLeaves. It was fun!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...