Saturday, June 27, 2015

"MT. EVANS IN FAUVE" BEFORE AND AFTER © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY


YES..you've seen this before...this was one of my new pieces that went to SAM this summer.  The mountain itself always seemed a little strong for the painting, and as I'm in the middle of growing and changing a little it is always a process.

SINCE it came home with me, I have played a little...I softened the mountain...simplified shapes and the amount of color that existed and I am NOW much happier with it!  There was JUST TOO MUCH going on...and it needed a makeover; at least in my view, and this is the end result.

Here I have the before and after so you can see the change...and you can judge for yourself...I like the after myself!
It really wasn't that complicated, and with just a little care taken to blend the new with the old middle it came out just fine and dandy!
It is a GOOD thing to take stock of work you currently have...and play...it helps in the growing process as an artist.  I will continue to play with a piece or two, cuz that's what happens when stuff is in my house! LOL

HAPPY CREATING!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...