Tuesday, September 15, 2015

"THE KLATCH" AN OSTRICH GATHERING © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"The Klatch" an ostrich gathering
7"x 2/ 3/4"
Acrylic on rice paper
ON HOLD FOR MINIATURE SHOW
framed size is 91/2" x 5"

The Klatch,  framed 
I LOVE to haunt thrift stores and estate sales to find fun things; among them frames that I can use for a painting.  This is a found frame that I took apart and used to frame "The Klatch" an Ostrich Gathering.  This trio is painted on rice paper with a bit of paper streamed throughout.  It is hard to see, but there is a bit of gold detail added to these gals to tie it all together.  This is a small piece, framed under glass...Just a little fun in gold for an upcoming miniature show at the AAR RIVER GALLERY in Westminster...IF they get in that is! Wish me luck!

I am really missing my little Nebraska family...so much growing up!  My sweetheart grandson Paxton; now 4 is actually starting pre-school already!  My how time flies!

Before Lottie A and B head off to their new owner I had a funny experience.  I can't imagine it NOT happening when I paint two exact poses!  One in the couple liked A better, and the other liked B better...that is EXPECTED, and no biggie because one is being given as a gift...HOWEVER the comment about Lottie B drove my OCD ness crazy! HA.  She mentioned that the smile didn't seem quite as happe in B...NOW, she was quite happy with them, but I had to put them side by side and work on LOTTIE B's smile...I think I made it a bit happier!   See for yourself...
SO, now we have the two pups waiting to ship to their new owner...
 HAPPY CREATING!



1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Paxton is just so handsome!! I love these ostriches, Saundra. One of my favorites in fact.

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...