Wednesday, April 6, 2016

"LONGS PEAK" ORIGINAL MIXED MEDIA COLORADO 14ER © SAUNDRA LANE

 
"Longs Peak" in Colorado is part of the Rocky Mountain National Park up near Estes Park.  When I painted this my husband said it is important to get the "knob".  He's a climber from way back, so I listened.  The typical view we get here from out east is two peaks...one being Mt. Meeker...BUT, since I was painting the summit of Longs I went with a close up version.  This fun little summit (which isn't so little) is
14, 259' high, so one of Colorado's 14ers.  I included a bit of acid free paper underneath a few areas, which is why I labeled it mixed media, but the majority of the painting is in oil.  "Longs Peak" is 6"x6" oil on panel and comes ready to frame or sit on a shelf or easel.  I like to show an example of framing (not included), in this 6"x6" gold floater frame.  I love floater frames for a lot of my work as it shows all sides.
frame suggestion
I am still working on my 2'x2' aspen piece on cradled panel.  You can see I've now added aspen trees that are in various stages of complete.  On this piece, for now, I have added a few trees that do not go to the bottom giving a bit more sense of depth.  I am now working to add the holes and dings and lines that make the tree...then branches...then...?  fun thinking about what it will become!
 2'x2' aspen in process

HAPPY CREATING!!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...