Sunday, April 17, 2016

"PIKES PEAK" ORIGINAL OIL OF A COLORADO 14ER © SAUNDRA LANE

This is the North Face of Pikes Peak.  To me it is the most recognizable of this mountain.  The point of this project is to capture the summits/peaks of these mountains...which I am careful to keep recognizable. The bottom area is more interpretation...sometimes the close up of a summit is rather bare, so I include color or trees;  things of this nature that are found in the area...this I do for composition sake.  I always like to show the suggestion of framing so you can see what it might look like.  I like these floater frames that I find online at pictureframes.com. 
We've had quite a snow storm the past two days...over our 27" from last month...I'm not fond of this kind of weather...it isn't pretty anymore...just lots of work! lol  PS...please note the bluish green your screen may see for the sky is really more a little bluish...sigh...just can't seem to edit the correct sky color these days! lol
I usually take a photo of our table on the back deck...you can see what it has done this time!

This broom is what we can count on having got for totals...today it is 38" minus the two inches of melting that happened yesterday...yes, spring is a crazy time!
This may not look like much, but if you consider that there are stairs where that slope is...you get my drift...pun intended! lol
I am happy to say I FINALLY got to visit my wonderful family in Nebraska...my daughter and son in law and my two precious grand children Paxton and Gracyn.  Love those happy little faces for sure!
SO, after the survival of this latest storm I'm back at the easel...still working on my largish aspen painting and next in the series of summits is the Three Sisters!  Fun Doins!

HAPPY CREATING!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...