Tuesday, May 31, 2016

COLOR AND PHRASE TO BOOST CREATIVE THOUGHT © SAUNDRA LANE FINE ART

Just Like the Aspen Tree...
15"x17"
mixed media under glass
Available at Luna's Mandala
$80
There are times when I just want to PLAY with color and a phrase.  I found the phrase attached to this illustration in a blog written by Gail Lynne Goodwin.  If you did not know, aspen trees share common roots...when one is in trouble, the strength comes from those around...
I actually played with ink and sharpie on this fun little stand of aspen.  

Dreams are like Acorns...
17"x15"
acrylic and ink
Available at Luna's Mandala
$80
Continuing with my illustration type color and phrase I painted these fun acorns with acrylic; stamping the background a bit with design and adding the canvas and words to complete my vision of this fun little piece.  Also under glass with the black wood frame.
The phrase comes from the acornstash.com.  It reminds us just how important our dreams are!
I encourage you to veer from your regular way of working from time to time.  It is a great way to get your creative juices flowing.  From these fun projects I did for Luna's Mandala in Conifer were a great jumping off point for paintings and projects to come!  I've long loved adding words in the body of my work to add to the impact it may have on the viewer...so I now have new ideas for other things!  Let yourself stretch and play from time to time!  You'll be glad you did!

IF you are interested in either of these pieces but don't live near by, just contact me and if they are still available I'll be glad to get it to you!

HAPPY CREATING!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...