Thursday, February 9, 2017

"OUT OF THE ASHES" © SAUNDRA LANE FINE ART

"Out of the Ashes"
10"x20"
oil on gallery wrapped canvas
Gifted
When my auntie M and uncle T's home burned down two days after Christmas my heart was broken for them!  They lost almost EVERYTHING...they had no insurance...but, so many folks stepped up and generously gave so that they were able to put a down payment on a new home that they delivered just recently to their property and they JUST moved in! YAY!

One of the treasures that somehow survived the fire; with some damage, but survived for sure was my grandaddy's guitar that traveled with him through WWII.  I saw a video the local news folks took and this guitar was in it, so I grabbed a still shot and painted it as it lay...I added some words from my heart..."Out of the ashes beauty will rise...I will choose to find my strength...my God will teach me to keep on growing and changing and moving toward the true gifts beyond"

I wanted it to be a reminder of how we can survive during the destinations of life.

FIND INSPIRATION IN EVERYTHING YOU CAN!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...