Monday, May 22, 2017

"SLICE OF PINE" ORIGINAL MIXED MEDIA PAINTING OF A PINE TREE © SAUNDRA LANE FINE ART

"Slice of Pine"
24" x 6" x 1.5" deep
Mixed Media on Cradled Panel
$225 
Available through my WEBSITE

For a fun "Long Skinny" as I call them, this slice of pine tree is painted on a cradled panel that is stained green on the sides.  I adore how the depth of these paintings can allow for sitting on a shelf OR hanging.  I have included a wire on back.  The background actually started out as another painting, so there are things back there that were original to another work that I didn't really enjoy.  Then I put some paper over it, acid free of course...a bit of texture and then the tree is in oil.  A great conversation piece for sure!
 this was the beginning of laying in paper
I like to draw many of my subject matter with charcoal so I can smudge it out if I don't like the placement of a thing...
As you can see the sides are a green stain that compliment the tree branches and bring unity.
The end result is a fun long skinny that fits in just about any small space that needs a little pizazz!

INSPIRATION ABOUNDS!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...