8x6" on cradled mdf panel
As you can see from the photos I used yesterday I ended up going with the composition (for the most part) of the 1st pic I posted...I didn't consciously do that, but in the end it suited my purposes for this requested painting. However, I used the light and dark idea from the photo with the sun streaming behind (wanted those lights and darks) ...so, I guess it's a mix. I left out one flower for composition purposes as my paper stream seemed to fill in for the 5th flower...but...it is finished.
No matter how many different ways I photographed this one it was a challenge to get the colors to read properly...and, as you all know each monitor is going to read this differently...sigh...but this seems close...on my monitor that is...lol
This is my first orchid to paint. I found it interesting...delicate...fun! Now I have to paint for an upcoming show...on PAPER...and...get ready for a demo in wax collage for Mountainside Art Guild...busy days...