Thursday, December 9, 2010

"Big Bull" original mixed media © Saundra Lane Galloway

My dear brother recently reminded me that it has been YEARS since I did him a painting...so, I took the hint and painted him our elk visitor from this summer.  I admit I'm not an expert on painting these things...but it was fun.  I have layers of modeling paste under this...acrylic background with a little oil here and there, and the elk itself was painted in oil.  My artist friend Carol Nelson convinced me last summer that some things just paint easier in oil...I tend to agree...


Anyway, one more down (now it's gotta dry!)...and I can't remember how many more to go!  I hope the rest of you are having a sick free holiday season...I'm 11 days and STILL not 100%...but, at least my hands still work!

HAPPY CREATING!!

4 comments:

SKIZO said...

I enjoyed your
work very much

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you SKIZO! I enjoy doing it!

Art with Liz said...

This is beautiful Saundra! A wonderful, majestic animal. Hope you're getting better - awful to be sick for so long especially when you're not used to it!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Liz! I hope brother dear enjoys it...I am just about better...but it still hangs on...aaarrrggghhh! :)

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...