Saturday, March 31, 2012

WEDDING FLOWERS RE-DO...

This painting makes me CRINGE...YUCK...I did it quickly after my beautiful daughter's wedding nearly 5 years ago and I've hated it ever since!!  First of all I did it in acrylic...NOT good for blending...and secondly I did it when too much was going on, so didn't give it my best...Never the less...I framed it and sent it out to them.  EVERY time I visited I would walk by and just, well, CRINGE...I kept begging to take it back and give it a better go...and FINALLY she let me...YEA MICHELLE!!

SO, I'm trying something a little interesting...I'm going to sand it down a little to bring back the tooth and paint over it in oil to see if I can improve it at all...I am not crazy about the way it sort of hunches in within the edges so I'm going to bring things off here and there to help the composition...I won't mess with where the flowers are since this is literally a portrait of her wedding bouquet...but SURELY I can improve on this...SO, STAY TUNED to see what I end up with on this first go round...IF I don't like my second approach it's gesso time and starting all over!!  I WILL GET THIS RIGHT! HA...

If you have been a visitor to my blog for very long you will know that I am very much a christian girl and that God is the center of everything...I don't brow beat, I don't push it...but I am proud of being a christian and so I wanted to let those who may be interested in hearing this girl's rants and thoughts on different real life subject matter sprinkling God's word throughout to come to conclusions I have revived my GODLY PERSPECTIVES blog.  I started it a couple of years ago to help with some frustrating events in life and TRIED to infuse humor in here and there...and then got busy and sort of let it slide, but as life goes up and down my answer is to find the RIGHT answer for me in God's word...it is sort of therapeutic, and also a hope that if anyone out there is ever feeling alone this is meant to share real life things in hopes they won't feel so much so!!  You can click on the link above, or always find it in my sidebar...I'd love to have your comments if you feel so inclined...I'd LOVE to have you share it with someone who may find the subject matter helpful for their lives...that's the point all...helping each other in any way we can!!

Nuf Said...

HAPPY CREATING!

4 comments:

martinealison said...

Vous êtes une perfectionniste ma chère Saundra... Je suis telle que vous, j'aime essayer d'aller à la perfection, enfin au moins celle à laquelle je me sens capable d'aller !!!
je suis certaine que vous parviendrez parfaitement à reprendre cette peinture qui à quelque part vous dérange... Vous saurez trouver où...
J'ai hâte de voir le résultat.
Gros bisous à vous.

Art with Liz said...

I can see what you mean, although I don't think it's as bad as you're making out! Just taking the blooms over the edges would do it. A beautiful bouquet. (And I absolutely adore your robin)

Autumn Leaves said...

I think this is beautiful, Saundra, but know that your redo will also be beautiful.

You know I tried to do a similar type of blog (I think you were one of the two followers) and ended up with no energy or time to give it what I wanted to give it. I'm so glad you are doing it though. I will be visiting for sure!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

HA...thanks all...but it's one I've decided to scrap and move on...too much pink and blur and, and, and...bless my daughter for letting me say ENOUGH!!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...