Monday, November 9, 2015

CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS AND A SPECIAL PROJECT © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

Jingle Ornament
at the Aar River Gallery in Westminster

I saw some ornaments similar to this SOMEWHERE...and decided to make some with my own personal flair.  I will be making several that will be for sale at the Aar River Gallery in Westminster.

I am working on a project that is something that I feel led to do!  This past year has been among the hardest for my family...there have been lots of stressful events, heartbreaking events and, well, not much fun...SO, I've watched some HGTV to try to rest my brain.  My FAVORITE show of all is Fixer Upper with Chip and Joanna Gaines.  They are so decent, and fun and have christian values...it's been an  inspiring and uplifting escape for me.  Not to mention I absolutely LOVE the way Joanna decorates!  When they bought the silos in town and began to renovate I immediately had the strongest desire to paint their silos and send them as a gift; a thank you, if you will, for what a blessing their lives and show have been this past year especially!  SO, that is exactly what I am going to do!  It's on my easel, and in between my other projects I am tackling it...Here is the beginning...It's just a quick sketch to get my angles and arcs correct...looks like I have some adjusting to do already, but I will get there!  I'm wanting them to take up most of the 18"x18" panel...a close up if you will!  Wish me luck!
I have NO IDEA what I'm going to say to them...so that I don't look like some kind of nut, HA...but, hopefully they will just take the gift of gratitude and smile! 

Tis the season, right?

HAPPY CREATING!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...