Friday, August 14, 2015

TEXAS LAYER PAINTING IN PROCESS © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

On my easel now is a 41"x12" cradled board with the beginnings of what I am lovingly called my Texas Layer Painting.  We are considering a move to Texas at some point, so this is my way of finding that beauty that lies in every place one might find themselves.  I suspect there will be more of these paintings.  This first photo is of the middle...you can see I have attached my paper cast life spiral, and the other marks you see over the papers and paint will be cactus. FUN!

As you know I have been working and moving towards brighter color in this latest artistic "growth spurt".  In a time of growth and change for an artist it is important to spend some time considering what parts of the previous work is still valuable to you and where you want to grow and change a bit.  FOR ME, keeping the pattern and texture is very important, but moving towards brighter colors is where I believe I'm headed.
 Rock Cliffs (sold)


In this new layer painting I've added lots of paper as you can see.  You can ALSO see that I've changed my mind about which bluff I wanted to add at the top...ha...it's just vine charcoal, so no biggie.  You can see the colors I've chosen and the design coming together for the cactus and where I am including my extra texture element in the life spiral paper cast.
There is going to be a road with Texas blue bell's (I believe) in the center and on the sides like are in so many Texas landscapes.
Here you can see I've begun to add color to the bluff after adding texture and painting the sky.
This painting will be much like my other "layer paintings" as I call them.  My layer paintings are taking bits and pieces of scenes in and around the area and layering them into a composition as I move down my support.  Remember these two?
Colorado Layers (sold)
Mt. Evans was the focus 
 Nebraska Layers (sold)
a farm cilo I drive by on my way to Nebraska
note the Grant Wood influence here...FUN!

SO, on I go...working my way down the support for this Texas Layer Painting...
FOR FUN the other day I sat in and played with some local artists at the AAR RIVER GALLERY in Westminster.  Susan Schmitt; one of my inspirational artists was teaching a fun stamp making class.  Now, I know how to make stamps, BUT, it is important to mix and be with other artists...it keeps that inspiration moving right along!
 My stamps!  FUN DOINS!
HAPPY CREATING!




1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Saundra, you sure know how to have fun! I always love your work and that WIP with the blues...sigh...!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...