Wednesday, August 19, 2015

"TEXAS LAYERS" ORIGINAL MIXED MEDIA LANDSCAPE OF TEXAS © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

 

"Texas Layers"
41"x12" MDF cradle
The butte that is the top "layer" of this Texas painting is from Davis Mountain State Park.  These are not mountains like I know here in Colorado, but they can still be imposing and beautiful.  I took the scenes from around the area of Davis Mountain State Park and laid them all in like I do in my layer paintings; which are really just layers from top to bottom from in and around the area of focus. I am still working with the bright colors that have captured me and love the life it brings into something that does not hold these colors in true life!

You can see the spiral paper cast that I have integrated into the body of this painting to bring more pattern and texture to the abstract flavor of this painting.  I've also put in some texture to the sky as well as throughout the body of the work with modeling paste, but I'm not sure that can show through in the photos. I'm loving the cactus that can be found in this area. I left them green, but punched up the color a bit.
as I moved down the support I included a bit of the elements found above but kept the strongest contrasts near the butte and top cactus.  You can see a bit of fence moving down to the bottom  as a part of the whole conversation, but I did not emphasize it like I did the cactus so as to not have too many competing elements to this painting.

You can see the paper stream and other papers in the body of the work.  This is the element of my growth spurt as an artist that I want to keep.

I have yet to decide what to do with the 1.5" sides, so I will not be adding to my website until I make that decision.  Over all I am excited about this as it is keeping the parts of my earlier work and adding the strong color...the marriage is new, but it is coming together!  FUN!

I've been enjoying conversations with our resident bunny of late.  He or She comes daily now to munch on grass and carrots in the nearby grass...I'm loving this little creature that has come to be with us this summer!
HAPPY CREATING!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

No baby girl pics? How is Jonathan? Paxton? Gearing up for that move to TX soon? Love the bunny and I always love your tall skinny pieces. Such a unique viewpoint with each of them and the addition of the paper cast is inspired!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

It's been a crazy time in our family Crimson leaves...haven't had much time for family posts. I'm anxious to see what else will work with the casts. Fun!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...