Friday, August 7, 2015

"P DITTY - A PIG" ORIGINAL OIL ON 4"X4" PANEL and some fun things...© SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY


 "P Ditty" is a pig of a purple nature who is just hanging out waiting to grace the home of a true pig lover! Whether he makes you laugh or feel important he just wants to hang out! Ditty is painted in oil over a slightly textured 4"x4" panel. You can purchase him as he is and either put him on a small frame like the two examples shown (not included), or you can frame him in your favorite 4"x4" frame (remember about 1/2" is taken on all sides when framing), OR for just .50 more I can mount him on an off white 5"x5" matt and you can frame him in your favorite 5"x5" frame so that all his sides will show! (frame shown is not included) The frame shown can be found at Rustic and Refined Design on ETSY. P Ditty will be ready to ship on August 14, 2015 when he is dry! 



I've also been planning another painting.  One thing I knew is I wanted to incorporate some of my paper casts in this painting.  I love making paper casts, and am finding out that there are a myriad of ways to make a cast...check these out! 

 You can see here that I have used brass tubing and sculpy clay to make these molds

 The life spiral is what I wanted to put in my next painting...I used a couple of methods for this mold, but both came out fine...FUN DOINS!

To get this (slightly out of focus) tree of life I pressed a jewelry finding into sculpey and baked it, then used it as a mold!  

The next step will be to seal them in some way...spray sealer or gesso, then apply color in some fashion...this can be ink, paint...use your imagination.  Then, apply!  Remember they are just paper, so use care when applying them to a collage surface.  If you seal both sides they are a little more sturdy.

SO, I've been organizing my life somewhat in preparation for us planning to move when the time is right...THIS organization was really about stuff that gets laid on table tops and messed up...like my daily jewelry...SO, I found this at one of my haunts, repainted it, added photos of flowers my hubby has given me, a few extra knobs and voila` a place for stuff! YAY!
I put it on a wall with some other artwork and photo in the room where I dress...it works perfectly!

JUST SOLD..a Vintage Pooh Bear 2 that was actually requested and I happened to have the time...It's busy days here in the studio!


VINTAGE POOH SAYS "HAPPY CREATING"!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Saundra, you never cease to amaze me. Love the jewelry hanger. P Ditty is a cutie!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Crimson Leaves...I guess I have a hard time sitting still! lol!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...