Thursday, November 11, 2010

"Winter Pines" original acrylic/paper collage © Saundra Lane Galloway

 "Winter Pines"
6" x 17 3/4" with stained cradled sides

It was time to do a snow scene...I don't mind snow scenes; in fact I love the contrast the snow against everything gives...it is just not a season I am ready for...so, I opted for a scene that I snapped the reference for AFTER the snow fell...so there is also COLOR in the foliage behind...and the wind wasn't blowing, so the trunks were clean...except for the exaggerated sun clinging to them. One of the things I love about being an artist...INTERPRETATION!
 Adding trunks stage...
HAPPY CREATING!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

You just keep getting better and better, Saundra. I love this new one. I especially think the way you used the collage is appealing. And the shadows cast by the trees...lovely.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Elizabeth...I suppose it is growing on me...I kind of know I have found a niche for however long...because I keep trying to find ways to stretch within my "new" style...:)

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...