Saturday, November 3, 2012

"CHIQUITA" ORIGINAL 4"X4" OIL ON PANEL © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"Chiquita"
4"x4" oil on panel
FOR MY BROTHER DAVID
 
My incredible, wonderful brother David and I have a great relationship. We LOVE to joke and tease one another with tonz o' love...and that's how this Christmas present to him came about. This is a photo of he and his beautiful wife Terri.  I love Terri too...soooo much!  She has been a part of this family long enough that I think of her as my beloved sister.  David and Terri have this awesome relationship.  Even though they've been married a long time they still refer to each other as bride and groom!  A great example of a married couple for sure!
 
Anyhoo...so, I have been painting for my ETSY shop as you know...at first I did a lot of fruit...and one day on facebook after seeing my latest fruit or veggie he said "Where are the bananas?" or some such phrase...WELL, "be careful what you ask for my bro, cuz you may just get it"...and, that is how this painting came about.
 
At first I played around with photos I had grabbed from the web...even painted one...it was YUCK!...SO, not to be deterred, I went to the store, BOUGHT bananas, had a photo session, and voila'!  And, before you ask...NO, I did NOT paint the sticker...what???...NO WAY!  For an artist who likes to paint quickly and HATES to do lettering I just printed a photo and cut out the "sticker" and stuck it on there!!  WHY do we think we can't do things like that???  I don't...obviously...and, IT WORKS!  It is now officially a collage...and I'm proud to say it!! tee hee!
 
So...shhhh...don't tell him about his present...He is the only one that is banned from seeing this post...
 
OK, now, back to the easel...maybe I'll paint some more nannas!! 
 
HAPPY CREATING!!
 


4 comments:

Deb Harvey said...

What a great post! Your brother is going to love his Christmas gift! The bananas are gorgeous!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Deb...I got a message from his wife, and she is enjoying torturing him...HA...life is so much fun!! And, thanks...believe it or not...bananas are FUN to paint; IF you don't paint the sticker! HA

Autumn Leaves said...

What a great idea on the sticker too! I get such a kick of strong relationships. I don't think I've ever had one with anyone (and the problem is apparently me). He is going to laugh over these! Great thinking, Saundra.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Your bananas look good enough to eat, Saundra! I love hearing how close you are to your family.

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...