Sunday, December 30, 2012

CALENDAR TUTORIAL COMING...FUN DOINS!

It's that time of year when we need a calendar for next year to mark and measure and keep us on track...SO I began to consider what kind of calendar would suit me this year. Calendar picking was always a big deal...we LIVE with it for a year...so we best pick one that suits us...SO, I began to search...and found nothing that really sparked me. I've had them made from previous paintings...that was fun that year...I've picked ready made ones that made me laugh or had a message...those were fun for those years...but THIS year I wanted to do something else.

Thus the calendar page that I made myself...a little freestyle (NOT in the mood for straight edges and perfection this year!!).  I started with a 10 1/4" x 10 1/4" piece of drawing paper...but you can use bristol board, watercolor paper, poster board...you name it. I marked off 1 1/2" squares (enough space to write in)...keeping the top row for your month decor. That's it...THEN I decorated my January the way I wanted.  This month was a little collage...a little stamping and a smidge of paint...who KNOWs what February will be!! :)

SO, if you are wanting to make a WALL calendar this year (that will serve for years to come!)...stay tuned because I am finishing it as we speak...well, finishing the beginning...I'll be sharing more tomorrow!...til then...ponder what my January page up top has to do with this...it's a secret til tomorrow...unless you figure it out sooner!!

HAPPY CREATING!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...