Thursday, December 6, 2012

"PINECONE" ORIGINAL ACRYLIC-MIXED MEDIA PAINTING OF A PINECONE © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY



"Pinecone"
7" x 5" acrylic and paper over textured background
$47
can be purchased by contacting LUNA'S MANDALA



Just a simple, but jaunty little pinecone...sitting around waiting to go home with someone; some lover of nature!  This is a gallery wrap canvas painting with heavy texture...the little cone is painted in acrylic.  I then sanded it down and sketched over it with ink...Just a little play day!

A little bit of fun facts about the pinecone...DID YOU KNOW....Throughout the span of recorded human history, Pinecones have served as a symbolic representation of Human Enlightenment.  DID YOU ALSO KNOW that the Pinecone is the is believed to be older than the flower, and its spines spiral in a perfect Fibonacci sequence in either direction, much like the Sacred Geometry of a rose or a sunflower, or DID YOU KNOW Our “Pine”al Gland, shaped like (and named after) the Pinecone, is at the geometric center of our brain and is intimately linked to our body's perception of light, and finally, DID YOU KNOW that a spread out pinecone is one that has already released it's seeds; these pinecones are the females; in fact the female pinecone is the one we most often refer to as a pinecone. The smaller, softer pinecones are the males. (sorry guys, I promised I didn't make this up!)

Remember how great it is to PLAY! Study a bit about your subject matter; it often gives you a title, and it most always marries you a bit more to what you are painting; which usually means greater success!! Experiment with different applications...paint or draw something that might appear to be a complicated piece. In the end you just might find it was a fun exercise to increase your inspiration factor!

You can find this little painting at Luna's Mandala in Conifer, or you can contact me and I will make sure it gets to you! Shipping is $8.

You may notice that I changed my header. I am missing my family; wishing I could be in the same place with each and every one...so, since I can't...I can at least see them every time I post! 

HAPPY CREATING!!

4 comments:

martinealison said...

Votre pomme de pin est adorable... Une très jolie publication que je prends plaisir à lire...
J'aime beaucoup l'ensemble de vos photos en en-tête de votre blog...

Gros bisous

Elizabeth Seaver said...

I did notice you'd changed your header! You are always switching things up as any good mixed media artist does!

I love your pine cone and all the information about it. I think you are right about study enriching your process. I certainly have found it true in my writing. Blessings to you as you miss your family. I know what that's like.

Autumn Leaves said...

I do not believe in evolution at all, my friend. But that said, I do sure love this pine cone and the price is fabulous too!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Merci Martinealison ! Je suis si heureux mon écriture te donne le plaisir ! C'est ma fin de support d'amour de la famille immédiate… I !
Thank you Elizabeth...I can tell your study is enriching...I love your stories!
And, Miss CrimsonLeaves (although I know you are married ::) I am glad you caught the evolutionary statement that I COMPLETELY missed!! I also do not believe in evolution, so I re-worded that statement to a more acceptable statement...we do not KNOW which floral items came first, so assumptions seem fine...:) Thank you again!!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...