Sunday, November 9, 2014

MY PERSONAL MANDALA © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

The meaning of mandala comes from Sanskrit meaning "circle." Even though it may be dominated by squares or triangles, a mandala has a concentric structure. Mandalas offer balancing visual elements, symbolizing unity and harmony. The meanings of individual mandalas is usually different and unique to each mandala. Many use a mandala as a form of meditation.

Recently I became interested in the mandala as a way to express my individual interests and needs at the moment.  I seem to be in need of peace and strength, so this particular mandala is geared to that. 

I am developing a class on creating your own mandala that I will teach here locally.  As an artist, the first step in creating a new class is to create myself, and that is what I have done!  For ME the experience of creating this painting was the goal that led to my peaceful experience.  What many call meditation, I call prayer, but the act of creating this piece helped me to focus on what things give me the peace I seek now in my life.

As you will notice, within the circle is my strongest motivator which is Christ.  Being a christian, Jesus offers me the strength and peace I seek in my life.  Keeping my eyes focused on Him is the cornerstone of my life.  My artistic talent is a gift from God, and it is in the process of creating things that mean something to me that gives me daily joy and peace through my creation process.  I love to gaze at clouds; to see pictures within them, and as many of you know, trees are a special love of mine.  The colors blue and green are also a peaceful experience for me...the sky, the earth...I love them both.  So, in a simple sense, this is my visual of what brings me peace and strength.

So, a class is forming so others can create their own specific mandalas for their own personal end result.  I love the creative process, so this should be FUN!

I've recently come back from visiting my special little family that I love so much in Nebraska.  My beautiful daughter; who is about 5 months along...well, nearly 6...with a precious little girl.  My wonderful son in law is always so gracious to allow me to come and be with them, and of course, my adorable little 3 year old Paxton!  It was a great time to be with them and my extended family and co grandparents.  My co grandma and friend Diana and I painted stripes on the kids rooms

...it was FUN!  I miss them already, but will be out there again when my little granddaughter arrives!  My camera didn't cooperate with me very well this time...so not many photos, but a couple that warmed my heart!


as always...HAPPY CREATING!

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

I too am into the greens and blues, trees and clouds...wonderful construct of your mandala, Saundra. Not sure if you got my email, but I posted a painting from one of your photographs on my blog. I tried emailing it to you first but I couldn't get the photo to load for some reason. Kept freezing up the computer when I tried to attach it. Thank you for the opportunity to use it. Note that I didn't follow it to the letter, alas, so it isn't nearly as pretty as the photo.

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...