Wednesday, July 29, 2015

"ROCKS AND CLOUDS" MIXED MEDIA LANDSCAPE © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

$650

Rocks and Clouds emerged from my desire to play with a composition I created a few weeks ago in another painting that has since sold.  I wanted to see how I might handle clouds with pattern in the sky.(I also added the honeycomb in the foreground as well to keep a unified effect)..I started out with outlined clouds, but kept working to this conclusion for this painting.  I don't know just how I will change, but I know that I am changing in some ways I am enamored with color and wanted to explore it a bit more.  "Rock Cliffs" sold at Summer Art Market. 
What I know at this point is that I prefer to use bright color than realistic color in many instances.  As I continue to grow and move as an artist I will play with my "new" found interest and see how it fits in to numerous situations with numerous subject matter.  A note to all those who may be in the beginnings of a "growth spurt"...DO NOT FEEL TRAPPED!  Don't feel like you are married to ANYTHING at this point!  Let inspiration lead you to experiment with ideas that come to your mind...NOTE the things you like and any other "growing pains" that happen that give you another idea...go down that road...EVENTUALLY it will find a space that feels happy...and YAY!

What I am working through in my mind is the fact that I love all the paper that I added in my work behind the scenes...I think I miss the volume that shows through...so my next thing to explore is to bring back a bit more in certain places...MAYBE...there is nothing lost if you learn and end up in a place that feels good.  YOU WILL EVENTUALLY end up in a place that feels good if you keep at it.  FOR ME...I have no choice...I am drawn to create, so eventually I will end up in a happy place and settle in until the NEXT growth spurt...REMEMBER, it is all a journey and there is beauty in every stage!

HAPPY CREATING!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

You are always in a happy place, Saundra. It shines through your art and your words.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Crimson Leaves! My art DOES make me happy...but sometimes we paint with lots of color to bring it into our hearts!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...