Monday, July 27, 2015

REWORKED "FIVE PINES" MIXED MEDIA ON CRADLED PANEL © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY


As I often do when a work stays home with me for awhile, I've reworked it a little.  It is the hazard or blessing that belongs to the creator of the work I suppose!  I like this MUCH better!  I was always bothered a little by the colors I chose for the sky, and I felt the body of the work needed a little brightening.  This all falls in line with my working with brighter colors and using a bit more pattern
or texture.  You will see that the sky is now a beautiful turquoisy blue with some bit of pattern throughout.  I brought the color of the sky down into the land a bit and repeated texture here and there for added interest and a unifying touch.  I also removed the garish looking yellow that bugged me too and toned it down a bit while keeping it light. 
previous version...this photo makes the sky color look two toned, in reality it was all more the blue to the left and the foreground was a little dark...just didn't appeal to me.  I also added a few highlights to the trees. 

It's ok if you were attached to the earlier version (though that no longer exists), but for my growth as an artist I need that brighter color with more texture!

HAPPY CREATING!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I think it is still beautiful, Saundra. I do like the changes though must admit that I think the yellow in the first version made it sing.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks for your comment CrimsonLeaves. I knew there would be some who liked parts of the older version...that is OK...there was really nothing WRONG with the older version, I just felt some things needed changing for my taste...lol...how dangerous of me to put both out there! lol

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...