Friday, December 11, 2015

BUSY DAYS IN THE STUDIO

This is my little Gracyn.  Not long ago I asked her mom what her favorite picture was as I had yet to paint her little self...she sent me the pic below and I did my best for the moment...I still maintain that people are NOT my forte, however, I need to paint my little ones...so this is what I came up with...
After a little conference with her momma I darkened Gracyn's hair as she said the photo lightened it...They are happy with the results; but report my little angel has already grown and changed since this photo...I say, we caught a happy moment and one we go! lol


Below is my grandson Ethan.  He is actually 2 now, but the second I saw this photo taken at about 4 months I knew I wanted to paint it...I adore his cute little expression!

I also took an idea I saw on Pinterest where you cover a letter with a page from their favorite book.  Being the practical person I am, I had to make it useful...so I put their letters on a plaque and made a hook for a sweater or some such thing for their rooms.
Ethan loves Paw Patrol, so his letter has the pups all over it and a blue doggie for the "hook"
Paxton's first book he read all by himself was "Hop on Pop" by Dr. Seuss, so of course that was his page.
Precious Gracyn doesn't have a favorite book yet, so, since her nursery is decorated with elephants and white and lavender and grey, I chose "Horton Hears  Who" by Dr. Seuss for her book.  I actually took a few pages and melded them together for hers.

AND, still making ornaments...these two were for friends, but I like the blue as well as the red...
SO, aside from a few commissions and some more ostrich's and a painting for a celebrity out in Texas ( a story for another day) that is it thus far...Still busy working on other ideas...but having FUN!

HAPPY CREATING!!



No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...