Sunday, December 27, 2015

"COLOR GIVES US CLARITY" © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"Color Gives Us Clarity"
20"x20" stretched canvas
Private Collection
Occasionally I set aside time to experiment and do something for the house.  This project is part of that.  Recently I bought a rug for our bathroom.  I thought it would be fun to have it kind of have a theme...this theme was COLOR. 
The rug was just a fun bit of color and design, so I decided to carry it on to the walls in a couple of ways.  This first way was to take a slice out of the canvas for a bit of a mimic of the design and COLOR.  There is a lot of texture on the remaining negative space giving it some interest beyond the obvious slice of design and color.  I played a bit with the idea of adding bits of color in the negative space, but wasn't happy with it.  It sort of sat on the canvas until last night when I woke up knowing that I wanted to add a phrase that meant something to ME...and after finding a font I liked I put it on and voila`, that was all I felt it needed!  I painted around the sides and have it hanging in my bathroom as we speak!
I want to take this idea of a slice of something further, so plan to do others in different subject matter...THIS may be the project I was looking for to bring to the public much like the "101 Pet Portraits in 101 Days" project...stay tuned!  FUN DOINS!

HAPPY CREATING!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...