Monday, July 13, 2020

"A Light in the Forest"...again



This is a re-work of a painting I did a bit ago that was just too busy in my view, so I sanded and scraped off texture and re-worked certain areas to simplify it to what you see now.  See the previous version here...
I love pine trees almost as much as aspen, however, in life, they just don't grow that close, and even though it was my artistic rendition, I was always a little claustrophobic when I looked at it, so one day I just decided to simplify; which by the way, is my new thing. maybe...ha!

Don't be afraid to play with something you have once called complete.  As long as you are the creator, and it is within your grasp, if you find inspiration to make it better, so be it! 





There is something freeing about re-working a piece.  It is like looking into the depths of it and yourself and pulling out even more.  I actually really love this process.  I admit that it took some elbow grease to scrape some of the texture down, but i didn't want it so intense with the new subtlety of it.  If that is even a good descriptor.

As you can see in this side view, I've stained them a green that works with this painting.  These cradles are great as they are practically indestructible and with the thinnest version of MDF there is; 1/8", it is surprisingly light weight!  
Here you can see the texture scattered in an intentional way in "A Light in the Forest". It fills in the imagination about all the things that are in the thick of the woods. I get this texture by using modeling paste and a palette knife using those bags that some fresh onions or potatoes sometimes come in.  You just spread it like butter and lift it off.  

There is a chest across from the front doors of my home where a painting similar hangs, but I hung "A Light" up here so you can get an idea.

I hope this encourages you to not be afraid to try to re-work an older painting.  You might just love it best of all!

HAPPY CREATING!!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...