Monday, February 23, 2009

Morning Tree




This morning was a bit cloudy up on the mountain, but I wanted to paint one of the trees that I see from my front deck. I'm still playing around with loosening up, so was more concerned with blocks of color. I'm not sure where it will take me, but I feel like I must try. I read a lot of articles about style, and I had developed some sort of style, but it changes with the medium I've noticed. My collages of trees have sharper edges. This 8x8 acrylic worked out for what it was, but I don't know if I'm doing myself any favors by experimenting...I've spoken to several artists who are in the same boat, and we are artists, so perhaps experimentation is merely following our own creative muse...time will tell...

4 comments:

JudyMackeyart said...

Oh experimenting is great - sometimes we all get caught up on doing the same thing over and over and it's kind of nice to break away now and then and try something a little differently. The tree is wonderful!
Happy Painting,
Judy

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Judy, and welcome! I had fun...I say that a lot...guess I'll do it until it isn't fun anymore...can't imagine that though! I stopped by your blog and I love your work as well!! Happy Painting right back at you!

Dana Cooper said...

This tree is beautiful and I can almost smell the fresh air! And, for what it is worth, I think experimentation is great.
Thanks for visiting my blog!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Dana, I appreciate that! I am lucky enough to smell it for real!! I will enjoy following your experience as an artist!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...