Monday, August 23, 2010

"Colorado Aspen" original mixed media collage © Saundra Lane Galloway

 "Colorado Aspen"
24" x 48"
MDF panel with 1 3/4" whitewash cradle
AVAILABLE AT "UP THE MOUNTAIN" through my website for those too far to travel "up the mountain"...:)

WOW...finally finished this large mixed media aspen piece.  You are NOT seeing double...this is a much larger version of what has come to be a very popular color scheme and composition.  This was actually a request from the owners of the new "Up the Mountain Steakhouse" gallery (for lack of a better term).  The Kastner's; owners of the restaurant specifically requested me to do a larger version of the "Aspen Contrast". 

I learned that working this large has challenges of it's own.  I found myself walking from one end to the other as I worked on the whole piece at the same time.  Interesting experience.  I'm not sure if I like working this large due to my space limitations at home...but it could have been working in a similar composition and color also...I love painting, but am not a HUGE fan of working similar pieces...HOWEVER, when someone requests it, I suppose I can't say no...not yet anyway!

It has been a very busy time with the painting and working to set the first meeting of our mountain art group.  I knew it would take some time, but I hope will be worth it in the end to have representation for artists up the 285 corridor here in Colorado.

NO REST FOR THE WEARY however as I'm off to prepare more panels to create even more!  My latest requests have been smaller poppies for a new shop that requested my work...and a dragonfly for a dear friend...FUN!

I couldn't resist adding a new photo to my ever growing collection of our visitors up here...this latest was of a fox that was up as the sun came up...sitting below my window...

HAPPY CREATING!!

3 comments:

Art with Liz said...

What a wonderful commission Saundra! And they are surely going to love this piece!

Love the fox.

Autumn Leaves said...

You live in such a place of beauty and magic, Saundra. I am so excited to see how beautifully your life is shaping in its artistic endeavors. So cool!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks girls...we shall see!!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...