Tuesday, August 10, 2010

An IDEA came and is growing...a conversation has started!

 I just learned that this is an Iceland Poppy!  Thanks to my artist friend Carol Nelson who just painted some recently!!  Pretty!

Today there is no new work for you to see...(however I AM sending you a flower) but there is new.  I talked about it in my last post, but I wanted to talk more to my blogger family...it is a way to hopefully inspire and encourage us all as we so often live solitary lives as we work at our art.

As those of you who follow my blog will know this mountain has been a beautiful place of inspiration (and healthy respect for animals and weather events!), but it can often be a bit too QUIET...a bit too solitary.  At some point we all need that quiet to think and create and work...but...as with anything...too much of anything...even something good...isn't great if we don't get amongst the masses...hopefully those like us at times...to share and work together and know of our common goal...or love, of what we do!

So, after diligently searching for a group of souls like me up here...and finding little to none, I decided I wanted to start my own...so I put out a call for artists...and they came! EXCITING!

Right now I have names...some will not come...but some will...I've seen it happen before, so I know it will happen again...It just takes a bit of patience, diligence, and determination.  I'm not sure what else, but I'm sure I'll find out!

I wrote about the wonderful things that came from the outdoor festival...and even this morning I was contacted by another of our local papers wanting more information on what we were trying to do up here! YEA!

I don't know exactly what will come of this...I know what I would LIKE to have happen...but I also believe in community...so, ultimately it will depend on the group to decide what will be...

I have big dreams...I believe in the cause (which I think is the first important step!)...I think we all need community to give us more presence, a more solid stance, and with that...who knows...so, I will keep you informed as things progress...and I will be working hard at MY own art as well...I think I will also need a lot more ENERGY...so wish us luck up here on the 285 Corridor...Hopefully soon we will have a name!

HAPPY CREATING TO YOU ALL!!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...