Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's about contrast! "Steamboat Summer" original mixed media acrylic/paper collage © Saundra Lane Galloway

 "Steamboat Summer"
7 3/4" x 24 1/2"
MDF panel with 1 3/4" cradled sides stained in English Oak to compliment the piece

While my husband was working in Craig Colorado the past few days I was sitting in our beautiful hotel room working away on this Steamboat collage.  It is a little different working away from my studio...I always THINK I remember to bring all the right things...but inevitably something isn't within my reach like I would like...but I made do until I got back to my studio last night where I put the finishing touches on this 7 3/4" x 24 1/2" collage. 

There was SO much going on in the reference photo that it became a story of contrast to make sure what I saw was depicted the way I wanted it to be. And, believe it or not I edited some of it out!  The game for me was to do some and then look at areas that needed contrast.  If you look at the details you can see (hopefully) what I am talking about! WHEW...

After a quick trip to the dentist I will be back to work on an aspen piece that is inspired by some of what I saw on our beautiful drive home!  Always a workin...!  Welcome to my newest followers!

This will be available on my website after October...but if you want to see it in person please take some time to visit the Aar River Gallery the month of October where I will be showing my new pieces (RECEPTION OCTOBER 1 from 6-9p.m.) AND teaching a two day workshop titled "Innovations in Collage" on October 15-16.  Yep, there is so much information it will take two days!  For more information on the workshop please contact the gallery or myself at art4life44@hotmail.com.

HAPPY CREATING!!

4 comments:

martinealison said...

Très belles recherches que dans cette nouvelle réalisation... Belle harmonie. Bisous et bon week-end.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Merci boucoup Martinealison!

Art with Liz said...

This is stunning Saundra! A wonderful composition and format, but it's also great to see those close ups.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks Liz...the close ups seem important when there is a long skinny as I call them...:)

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...