Sunday, September 12, 2010

"Line Up" original mixed media acrylic/paper collage © Saundra Lane Galloway

 "Line Up"
5 1/2" x 12 1/4"
Mixed on MDF Panel with 1 3/4" cradle sides
Available on my website after that!!

This small piece gave me fits!  I think there is a lot to be said for an artist having some peaceful, creative moments in life so the work flows from that rather than from a stressed out existence that is unfortunately become the norm for this world! Too many obligations and stressors that, if we let them, interfere!  I found myself working on this in snatched bits of time, so there was not the usual time I usually spend to really become a part of what I am doing.  
 It started out fun and ok...then I got busy! whew!

Even though the photo I took was a good one...the composition seemed ok...I found myself at one point stumped as to how to pull it together.  I found the answer in the middle of the night last night...the final addition of a vertical pulled it back from the place it was living that didn't make me happy.  So, the reminder that we find our creative edge in the quiet moments of life was a strong one.  I'm going to SLOW down the crazy pace and live inside myself more...I will be happier, and my creations will be easier off the tip of my brush!  A few days on the road with my husband with my papers, paint and camera sounds heavenly right now...working in a new environment...no reminders of the dust bunnies or the dirty kitchen or laundry to distract...just a balcony off some nice hotel room with, hopefully a beautiful view! 

1 comment:

martinealison said...

Avez-vous rougi autant que vos tomates Saundra ?? j'aime beaucoup l'harmonie des couleurs de votre deuxième photo... Bisous

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...