Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Re-Thinking...Re-Doing Sunflower Duo

IT HAPPENS!!!...there are times when the best laid plans go awry, and that is just what happened with my sunflower piece from yesterday...It looked to be a good composition, the base began to work and then WHAM...I began painting and it looked AWFUL!!  It felt too heavy, too overworked, too...well, yucky!!  SO...instead of just junking it (which I have done in the past), I just grabbed it up this morning and actually plugged in my sander and sanded off the offending parts and was left with this VERY INTERESTING challenge! I filled in with a tad of paint and now look at the awesome bits left behind...FUN!

I could have just told you all that it was CRAP...and moved on...but, I'm not one to be able to resist a challenge to see what magical thing I could do with something that was CRAP in my eyes...and, I'm not afraid to show you the process of the ATTEMPT to pull this out of the crapper...:)  How else could we learn, if indeed there is ANYTHING to learn from  my snafu!

So, here is more process...NO, I forgot to take a pic of the awful thing that was growing out of my most beautious beginning...but take my word for it...NOT WORKING!  So, I'm moving on...

Today is actually our 4th anniversary, so we are gonna do a bit of fun stuff...but I WILL get back to this piece...I don't think I will do the same thing I started out to do...I MAY look at a different sunflower...or I MAY do something else entirely different...that is the FUN of making lemonade out of a big ole lemon...So, stay tuned for the conclusion of this particular pull from the brink of death story! :)

HAPPY CREATING to you all...and remember if you hate it...take a sander to it!!

No comments:

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...