Sunday, April 17, 2011

ON THE WAY TO SANTA FE AND THERE...

It was a bit of a hazy day Friday when we left for Santa Fe, but Pikes Peak near Colorado Springs is never a sad sight to see!
Colorado Mountain just above Colorado City isn't as grand perhaps, but still...you gotta love those mountains!
Even hazier still...you can still make out the Spanish Peaks near Walsenburg...
You've gotta appreciate the difference between Colorado Mountains and those of New Mexico...I can just see how Georgia O'Keeffe found her inspiration with her blues and golds...
 And speaking of Georgia...Yes, of course I dropped in her museum there...but I have to say it was somewhat disappointing...for a museum so close to the Ghost Ranch (some 50 miles out of town) there weren't that many recognizable pieces...sigh...but, I'm still glad I stopped in!
And, it just wouldn't be Santa Fe without at least one pic of those famous chili peppers!

The local venders were all out in a large group...all lined up against the wall just across from the Plaza where it just so happened that there was a Tea Party rally...but my eye was on their beautiful jewelry!
You've gotta love that architecture!...
It's EVERYWHERE!
I'm sure there is a painting or two in here somewhere!
I just had to close this little tour with this cute little one sitting in the fence...In fact there were TONS of little birds sitting in the fence that day!  Interesting!!  Haven't looked up just what kind of bird it was...but what a cutie!!

I hope you are all HAPPILY CREATING!!

3 comments:

Dean H. said...

Those are super photos! Looks as though you had a nice trip.
That bird is some sort of sparrow...not sure what kind though...there are several different types out there. Chipping sparrow?

Autumn Leaves said...

I DO love that architecture! So amazing and somehow, I suspect the Native Americans were able to keep much cooler within those walls than without. I gotta tell you, Saundra, you have the cutest figure. I USED to look like that...before I turned 43...Since then? It has all gone to seed...and yes, I am rueful. Sigh...

Hope you are having a fabulous trip and I hope that this means things have taken a turn for the better!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thanks for the bird thoughts Dean...you are probably right...I'm going to look it up!

Autumn Leaves...you are SO sweet...ha...believe me, I've got my "areas of concern"...but I'm not worried about that right now...The trip was necessary I think for our sanity...still hoping for a turn for the better...SOON! :)

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...