Saturday, April 23, 2011

"ASPEN IN BLUE" COLORFUL CONTEMPORARY MIXED MEDIA LANDSCAPE WITH ASPEN © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"Aspen in Blue"
6" x 12" mixed media on 1 3/4" stained cradled sides
$165.00 includes shipping in the US
for information on international shipping or for photos of the sides please contact me at
to see more mixed media work visit my website at




Boy, I can't believe it took me SO long to finish Aspen in Blue....but FINALLY...here tis!  I've now been feeling the pull to do some more baby animals for my coming grandson's nursery...I've got a Cheetah, Zebra, Impala and Ostrich left to do...FUN!

I have another bit of press, but I think it's funny!  WAY BACK WHEN...I won a contest with Arnold Grummer (the big paper supply company)...and they asked me to write something in the way of a description of my paper casting process and asked me to find green ways to frame my paper casts and wax collages...So, I did...

Yesterday I was just looking around and found a new paper casting book by Arnold Grummer...and lo and behold I found what the editor did to my big long thing...page 81 of his new book titled "trash to treasure papermaking" by Arnold Grummer...a few sentences!  HA...but, I'm very honored to have made this much in the book as I know the editing process is grueling and those that write it often don't have much of a say...life lessons from the world of editing!  I was a little concerned until I found my name in the back under Acknowledgements...so...yea...a little more press; though I doubt anyone who reads how to make their own brass forms like I invented will ever know it was me...sigh...but STILL...a little press!  YEA!  Besides...it is a well written book with some great information for those of us who enjoy working in this medium!

HAPPY CREATING!!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I just love your aspen bark, Saundra. It looks beautiful against the blue and gold. Congrats on being credited in this book!! I've always wanted to make my own paper and have never had a clue other than torn up paper in water (proportions unknown), a screen involved somewhere...LOL One of these days I am really going to do it though. Really!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Thank you Miss Autumn Leaves! Ha...I'm giggling about the book...but glad I'm in it at least somewhere! :)

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...