Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"ASPEN DUO" ORIGINAL PAPER CAST ASPEN PAINTING © SAUNDRA LANE GALLOWAY

"Aspen Duo"
4 1/2" x 4 1/2"
with matt and frame 10" x 10"
ON HOLD FOR SALE
will debut at the SUMMER ART MARKET
2nd and Grant
June 11-12
booth #6
 (wow, I'm NOT pleased with the lighting...sorry)

This series has been a kick to do.  I have missed working with my original paper casts, so it was a perfect chance to do some more!  These are simple, and different from my typical fare as I have matted and framed them under glass...I've stayed small to be able to offer very affordable pieces for the shopper that is on a budget...which, considering our economy of late is most of us!!

I think I have a few more in me...time permitting, as I also want to do another 2' x 2' SOMETHING...and, a few more small pieces if I have time...which i see I am running out of...so...whew...I have to be realistic!!  But, I'm STILL having FUN!

HAPPY CREATING!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure what is meant by "paper cast" but must agree about producing small pieces people can afford. It's a difficult time for artists in this economy to earn a living. Do you paint the tree barks or is that collage? I like your new style. Thanks for your nice comments on my latest blog.
Jean

martinealison said...

Si j'ai besoin de me ressourcer avec les arbres je peux venir sur ton blog... Très belle interprétation.
Gros bisous.

Autumn Leaves said...

Simple but oh so lovely, Saundra! Love that little square grid you've got in there. Did you press something into the paint? And this economy is rotten indeed. But we can afford for certain political people to take billion dollar trips. Why not?

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

AHHH Jean...paper cast is a lot like paper making only I make a mold from brass and pour cotton linter in, let it dry and voila!...and thank you!
HA, remercie Martinealison. ..I prend cela comme un GRAND compliment !
Autumn Leaves...the grid was added later...a stamp...and, I AGREE! ha!

© Saundra Lane Fine Art

All rights reserved. All work created is protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without express permission of Saundra Lane Galloway

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS

READ MY PUBLISHED ARTICLES ON CREATIVE TOPICS
follow the link and click subscribe if you want to receive my articles as they are published

A SIGNATURE MEMBER OF COLORADO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...